Monday, October 23, 2017

Post show thoughts

This Saturday was Eckman’s Toy and Comic show. I have to admit I have mixed feelings. So many positive comments and responses to the artwork matter of fact I had absolutely nothing but positive reactions to the artwork, but that did not translate into sales which was slightly disappointing. I know this show is a tuff gig for artist. I usually go around and talk to other artist there and have rarely heard anyone say oh man I killed it I made a bunch of sales. There is a reason that artist tables for this show are only 10 bucks.

 Instead I’m going to concentrate on the positive, all day long I had such positive reactions to my paintings and hanging out with my two sons there was such fun... so much so that my oldest son would like to return in January for the next show.

  If we do get the opportunity to return in January I have some notes on things I would do deffrently, I took my 2 large easels I would leave them at home, I took a lot of frames that I didn’t need , just in general I would take less.

 My sons only comments were he enjoyed it and wants to return, but was disappointed with the lack of ppl stoping and actually coming to the table. Many ppl would pause and point comment and then keep moving without even looking at all the work or the prints that were available.


 So here’s the pics of the table from the show and the 7 paintings that I had prints available to buy, I had a few more paintings at the show as you can see in the pics.

So as mentioned last post now this show is over I’m going to go back and try to get a more solid foundation and work on more original art like the dragon I just painted with the graffiti word CREATE on it. Till next time








No comments:

Post a Comment