Monday, October 9, 2017

Eckman’s toy and comic show and the one I forgot

in 2015 i attended Eckman’s toy and comic show, it was GREAT lots of venders selling all kinds of toys and comics. I bought a lot of comics there were so many great finds and bargains. There I met a local artist who was selling his prints there he had some awesome work. I bought his sale which was was 3 prints for 20 bucks. I picked out 3 of his prints that I liked the best, they were really cool and I love them still 2 years later they are some of my favorites. Since then I have bought a porfolio book to put all the prints I buy in, I love pulling it out and looking at it. At the time I was drawing and doodling filling up a sketch book but after meeting this artist and buying his prints I got inspired this is what I would like to do I want to get good engough that someone else would buy my art. This is when I started to take it more seriously I wanted to improve and learn and make art that ppl would like engough to buy. Well now that is still the case but a bit different. I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL ARTIST but, you can see that right now this is a hobby and I’m growing and maybe someday I will be what I consider to be an ARTIST.  I do have to announce that I will have a table at Eckman’s Toy and Comic show on Oct 21st I may not be a professional artist yet but I have some new pieces that I haven’t posted here, that I hope ppl will enjoy because I enjoyed making them
 

   After Eckman’s show I am not going to take a break from art but I am going to try to go back and concentrate on learning the basics of drawing, I want to really get better I have some online courses lined up that will be at my own pace. I also want to work on my creativeness and originality, I love painting comic themed paintings and I’m sure I will always do them but right now I want make original art that is totally owned and created by me. Now that doesn’t mean I won’t paint cartoony or comic type stuff it just means I want to create original things and really find my style.

 The one I forgot... so in 2016 my wife asked if I would paint something for the school she works at. They were celebrating Dr Seuss birthday and she asked if I would paint and donate it to the school, of course I said yes. Knowing that I was painting this for a school for them to have and keep was maybe the coolest thing ever. It really made me feel great that this was not just going to be for me or stored away somewhere this piece was going to hang in a school library. Im glad I took a couple of pics so I can remember it. It was so satisfying to know this was going to be for some one else.

My next post will be how the show went and new works from 2017




No comments:

Post a Comment